Encinitas, CA 92024-7710 / email@example.com
FREELANCE COPY EDITOR, PROOFREADER, COPYWRITER, (Aug. 2011–present)
Independent contractor serving multiple clients in publishing, advertising, marketing/PR, finance, health, medicine, business, academia, law, technology, pop culture, TV/film, and other areas.
LITERARY AGENT, Waterside Productions, Cardiff-by-the-Sea, CA (Aug. 2011–present)
Agent affiliated with top West Coast agency, representing authors of fiction and nonfiction in all genres.
BROADCAST WRITER (contractor), Courtside LLC, Los Angeles, CA (Sept. 2011–Dec. 2014)
Writer of nationally syndicated medical- and health-related radio commentaries (“ONE-MINUTE CLINICS”) for Los Angeles–based broadcast personality Drew Pinsky, M.D., which aired daily on more than 50 stations nationwide.
COPYWRITER/EDITOR (contractor), LPL Financial, San Diego, CA (Sept. 2013–Sept. 2014)
- Copywriter/editor for marketing department and internal ad agency of top financial services firm
- Articles, press releases, brochures, print/online publications, whitepapers, web copy, email marketing, advisor materials
- Writer/editor of corporate communications from executives to advisors; internal communications for employees and contractors
MARKETING COPYWRITER/EDITOR (contractor). Business.com, Carlsbad, CA (July 2012–April 2013)
- Freelance copywriter/editor/proofreader for online B2B directory with diverse clients (telecommunications, finance, insurance, legal, operations, sales & marketing, education, health care, business planning, human resources, industrial, IT, etc.).
- Landing and splash pages, advertiser lead forms, email marketing materials, newsletters, executive correspondence, white papers, speeches, articles, abstracts, company profiles, A/B testing, SEO, display ads, and more—with the goal of driving revenue and conversion.
EDITORIAL DIRECTOR, Hay House, Inc., Carlsbad, CA (Jan. 1994–July 2011)
- Editorial department head for internationally renowned mind-body-spirit/transformational book/audio/video publishing company owned by late best-selling author Louise L. Hay.
- Administered all aspects of editorial process from acquisition of product to project completion.
- Editor of numerous New York Times Negotiated author contracts.
- Supervised editing, copy editing, proofreading, and production of all books, CDs, DVDs, e-books, Vooks (video-enhanced books), and kits.
- Wrote all flap and cover copy; and also contributed content to the company website, with an eye toward SEO.
- Supervised and managed in-house editorial team as well as freelance editors and writers.
- Considerable interaction with design, marketing, publicity, and sales departments; as well as staff in Australia, India, South Africa, and UK offices.
COPYWRITER, Lintas, Inc., Los Angeles, CA. 1993-1994.
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE degree in Broadcasting & Film. Minor: English. Boston University School of Public Communication, Boston, MA.
Temple University, Philadelphia, PA. Major course of study: Journalism.
Applications: Microsoft Office Suite • Adobe Professional • Various PMS programs. Courses in: SEO and Web Content, Excel, PowerPoint, Digital Design Principles. Style guides: Chicago Manual, AP, APA, AMA; also well versed in UK style